‘Lightweight division incoming’ – Conor McGregor all but confirms UFC return for Dustin Poirier showdown
Conor McGregor has appeared to confirm his UFC return.
The Notorious announced his retirement from mixed marital arts, for the third time in four years, back in June.
However, McGregor, who is in incredible shape, now looks set to fight Dustin Poirier inside the octagon.
On Friday, the Irishman tweeted a 15-second video which ended with ‘lightweight division incoming’, a clear reference to his impending rematch with Poirier.
McGregor secured a first round knockout win over The Diamond at UFC 178 in 2014.
Earlier this month, UFC president Dana White confirmed plans were in place for a fight to happen at the beginning of 2021.
White said: “He [McGregor] said, ‘yes’ and Dustin said, ‘yes,’ so now it’s a matter of getting contracts signed.”
McGregor, a two-weight FC champion, has enjoyed success in the lightweight division before.
His only defeat in the UFC lightweight division came against Khabib Nurmagomedov in October 2018.